IPPF's HIV Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

What do I do if I am living with HIV and…

Ahead of International Women's Day on the 8th of March, IPPF has published a new informative booklet and poster for young women living with HIV. The booklet and poster answers questions raised by young women living with HIV about dating, relationships, sexuality, and parenthood.

It offers information to help young women to have a healthy, happy, and sexually fulfilling life and to decide on issues relating to sexual and reproductive health. The booklet covers the following topics:

What do I do if I’m living with HIV and...

...I want to date or be in a relationship?
...I want to tell my partner or my family that I am living with HIV?
...I want to protect my partner from HIV and other STIs?
...I want to practise safer sex?
...I want to get pregnant?
...I want to protect my baby from HIV?
...I do not want to get pregnant?
...I want to end a pregnancy?
...I want further support?

Like all people, there is a lot of diversity among young women living with HIV. We hope this guide provides information that is useful in helping young women decide how to best look after their sexual and reproductive health.

To download the booklet and poster: http://www.ippf.org/en/Resources/Guides-toolkits/What+do+I+do+if+I+am+living+with+HIV+and.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment